Yesterday marked the third-year anniversary of Winthroopstan. On Thursday, May 17, the official second founding day (the day where the boundaries were set), there will be a celebration in the Imperial Palace, where all citizens are invited to an Imperial Dinner and a formal speech from the Emperor.
The Emperor delivered a speech today at 7:00 p.m. CET, officially informing citizens that a state reform was being planned.
In the speech, Emperor Dennis stated how the motivation and creativity of the Winthroopstanian citizens was missing, and that he was going to take action against it. He also declared he would give the people more information soon.
Most of the reactions to the speech were positive, with President Lena saying it would be the best thing at the moment for Winthroopstan.
The state reform project, mockingly titled "Make Winthroopstan Great Again", will be a hard task and will take up to 1 years time. In this process all useless royalty titles will be removed and a solid government form will be created. There will also be many activities that will keep the citizens active in the nation. New IDs will be given to them for security measurements. The Emperor and his team group are starting the project next week.
Today, the Emperor announced to the people of Winthroopstan that a State Reform would take place some time soon.
Today, a poll was held regarding the legalization of marijuana. 10 citizens voted against the legalization, while 9 citizens voted for it. Winthroopstan is now officially drug-free!
Today at 1:00 p.m. the election ended and thus Lena S. emerged as the winner. The results were different than expected, with Lena S. scoring 9 votes, Ben W. 3 votes, and Daniel F. 0 votes respectively. Ben's campaign promises were considered good by some, but were deemed silly and unrealistic by others. Former President Daniel Fruechtl chose not to make any campaign promises and therefore did not receive any votes.
Lena S. will be soon beginning her presidential work. The next presidential election will be held on September 25, 2018.
Altogether 49% of Winthroopstanians, or 13 citizens took part in the election.
As Election Day comes closer, citizens have decided whom they should vote for. The chance of Lena S. winning has gone done to 45%, while Ben W.'s chance rises up to 22%, and Daniel Freuchtl at 33%. Lina S. and Ben. W have both submitted their Election promises to the public, while Daniel Fruechtl chooses to remain silent. Tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. (UTC +1.00) the results will be in.
The Emperor announced publicly that spontaneous Presidential Elections will be held on Monday, September 25, 2017. Many citizens were unhappy with Daniel Fruechtl's reign as president and requested an election be held. The Emperor agreed with them, being that he appointed Daniel as President without even holding an election. Votes can be done online by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Most citizens will be voting in the local school. Candidates for presidency are:
- Daniel Fruechtl (Libertarian Party)
- Ben W. (Independent)
- Lena S. (SFW)
As of September 19, 2017, Lena S. is most likely to win, with a predicted 65% vote for her. Lena S. will try to expand the micronation on the German internet by making a website and German and an internet forum, also focusing on equality and improving the military. Ben W. is the least likely to win, with a projected 0-10% vote. Ben and Daniel have not announced their plans yet. We will keep you updated.
Yesterday, Spandauian citizen Steven Janson founded the Spandau Party for Winthroopstan (SFW) along with presidential candidate Henry Peter. Its political ideology lies on the right side of the spectrum. The party is based on Germany's SPD.
The Emperor announced recently that he planned on opening an academy for Winthroopstanian schoolchildren and teenagers. The Emperor was frustrated that politics weren't taught in German schools, and the only source of politics for students were the lying tabloids. The academy will focus on teaching students on politics, which is not taught in German schools. Physical education will also be taught. The Emperor's ideology is to learn in a fun way, focusing on every student individually and helping them to succeed in the future. Learning how to pay taxes and daily life tasks are also planned on being taught, as this lacks in public schools. The school's mandatory uniform will be a shirt with the school crest on it. An optional uniform consisting of a blazer, trousers and tie can also be provided. The academy is planned to open in October. Special thanks to Mr. Milner for designing the crest.
Yesterday, the Emperor officially established relations with the Khanate of Nedland. The Emperor conversed with the leader of Nedland, Mr. Ned Greiner on Discord,
leading to both nations now officially recognizing each other. The Emperor was also granted the title of Nedlandic Ambassador to Germany.